Hello reader(s) of dearness!
Remember me? No? Probably for the best.
Anyway, I have to say that I think the wave might have finally broke, and things are going to get a little easier once again. (You may applaud.)
Let me explain what all has been going on.
- My health It has been difficult ever since I got out of the hospital for the mild sepsis, or bacteremia, or whatever the fuck it was. The last course of IV antibiotics that I had seemed to further set off my autonomic and peripheral neuropathy, causing a whole shit-ton of problems to get even worse. Fortunately, I am now learning to adjust my life accordingly, and am also receiving treatment to try to keep out of the hospital. Today, I got a lead on financial assistance for that treatment, which will help a great deal because even when I have the money, with that expense, it won’t last.
- Being forced to move Because housing and rental prices are through the fucking roof here, my fiance was forced to move because the owner of the house decided to sell. This caught her off guard since it seems the owners bought the property for more than they can get for it now. As such, there was not enough money for deposits saved. Fortunately, I was able to take an early payout of some money that was already scheduled to be distributed to me, in order to avoid interest and fees on borrowing. The hassle of trying to find an acceptable place in our price range was daunting, but we were able to find a nicer, larger house, for the same price that her previous model is currently renting for. I love this house, and think it will be a nice place to call home for a time.
- Registration issues It seems every time someone moves a long distance, important documents get lost along the way. So when my fiance went to get her registration done in this state, she realized that she was missing a document that our state requires. Our state is shitty about it too, and her previous state is full of incompetent liars. Her out-of-state registration was expiring, so she was not able to drive her vehicle. Fortunately, my Beastess works great, and we have been utilizing it, but it sucks being down to only one car, especially when moving the last few items she has from her old house to our new one. She rushed off, overnight, a letter and the fee to get a copy of that document, along with an overnight envelope, but the assholes in that state sat on it for 11 days before finally sending it back. I just happened to have checked the tracking number today, and found it was delivered, just this afternoon. She can now get her car back, and there is much rejoicing.
- Government issues I think the last time I posted, I was under Social Security Disability review. Despite my paranoia about it, the government agrees that I am obviously disabled, and so my benefits shall continue. (Even though the GOP might cut all that because they are scum sucking fuckpigs.) Meanwhile, every single thing you see is some embarrassment to our country. I really am just deciding that I need to find a way to live without any government at all, because I think that is where things are heading. Of course, things would be different if I lived in a state that actually has programs, but I do not, and so fuck anyone who thinks I am not doing all I can, especially as they vote for the fuckers trying to take away what little there is. At any rate, I feel more comfortable relying on my fiance, than I do a bunch of old, white, Christian conservatives who were born into money.
- Miscellaneous issues Between my cross-country move earlier in the year, moving into a former “friend”‘s house who wanted me to act more like a rent-paying house guest than a roommate – who then kicked me out when I stood up for myself, moving again, losing another “friend” who wouldn’t stop hitting on my fiance (and basically blamed me for stealing her as if she was ever interested in his married-ass anyway), having to give my cats to my mother due to primarily allergy and logistical reasons, and some other issues…this year has been a monkey-fucked donkey dick.
But this year has been pretty damn good too.
I met and got engaged to my lovely fiance. I am absolutely stunned by the depth of our connection in such a short time. Having her in my life has been amazing.
Even though we had to move, the house we are in now is like my dream home. I love it. We even found a couple spare hours (over the course of a few days) to decorate for Halloween. I love the way it looks with decorations, and am really anticipating Christmas.
I have great friends that know and understand my limitations. They do not make me feel bad when I can’t show up to most things, or cancel at the last minute. They welcome me back anytime I am physically able to get together.
One of my friends surprised me by repaying a loan early, and in full, (rather than the payments we agreed upon), just when it was needed most. Because when insurance sucks, medical treatment is expensive, and your income is peanuts, a large sum of money isn’t nearly as large as some think. The timing was incredible, and breathing is now possible.
My cats are very happy with my mom, and I am so relieved. They will always be my kids, even if they are now her kitties. I am so grateful that she was able to take them, because otherwise I don’t know what I would have done.
And it is fall, and almost time for Halloween, Samhain (same day), and Dia De Los Josh!
Anyway, between getting the document, some work done to clean my fiance’s old residence, the news of possible financial assistance for my treatments, and just a general good feeling, I gotta say, today was a good day.