Some things you may want to know about me, before you click that follow button:
- I don’t do hate. I will block your ass so fast for hate speech on my page, so don’t go there. And if you post hateful things, don’t expect me to follow you. Unless it is hatred of Express Scripts or other health insurance entities, in which case, by all means, hate away!
- I am not perfect. But I am trying to improve myself every day. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. If you don’t like me, that’s cool, don’t read my drivel.
- I am a cancer survivor, recovering from the damage. Doing my best, but my body isn’t keeping up with my drive. Occasionally I write about it, occasionally I do not.
- I lost my wife, Hannah, last year. I posted a lot about her, and might still do so occasionally. She was one of the most giving people I’ve ever met.
- We can all be negative, but I expect people to try. I haven’t met anyone without demons, and issues. I am not going to be one of those people who tells you to cheer up, because I am well aware of the fact that sometimes it just isn’t possible. That said however, I don’t want to hear whining every single time I hear from you. (Or read from you as the case may be.)
- I suffer from PTSD and Gerneralized Anxiety Disorder. These were diagnosed by actual psychiatrists and they are real illnesses. I often post about the stigma associated with all types of mental illness and if you are one of those people who doesn’t believe that, you won’t like this blog-type-thing.
- I write to express myself and to practice writing. So this means that I will vary the posting quite a bit. You will definitely not like every post, and I am just fine with that. We don’t have to like every aspect of each other, or even ourselves. If you don’t like anything I post, that is fine too. We don’t have to like everyone we come across.
- I am superior to nobody. There are some things I can do better than a lot of people. There are many things I can’t. I will not indulge anybody’s superiority complexes.
- The world isn’t always sunshine and rainbows. I can be very critical. I try to remain positive, but sometimes pointing out the negative things is a way to help purge that negativity. So don’t think you can’t ever be critical with me. Just don’t whine all of the time and expect me to like it.
- I am a feminist. I have been reluctant to call myself this because of both the hijacking of the word by the female supremacists, and because I believe in equality for all groups oppressed (as in racial minorities, the poor, the mentally ill, etc…) and not just for the sexes. While that hasn’t changed, I want to own that word for myself now. I am also anti-racist, a democratic socialist, and an advocate for those who are marginalized in an attempt to amplify their voices.