Hello dear reader(s)!
Today isn’t the happiest day I have had in a while. There is a dark cloud of an impending loss hanging over everything, and this entire month is filled with bad memories that still haunt me. Too many bad things have happened in July, and I sometimes just wish I could skip the month.
But, there have been and will continue to be some good things too. It is important for me not to lose sight of that.
As such, in accordance with article IV of the MyFridayBlog™ charter of Sector 7, row 8, next to the bean burritos, I present to you 10 reasons I am happy, despite this being a rather unhappy time. Please hold your questions and comments until after the presentation. No food or drink in the auditorium, unless accompanied by a liability waiver and $100,000 bond. Please keep your seat belts fastened and your tray tables and seat backs in their full, upright positions until such a time as the captain has deemed it is safe to move about the cabin.
- Some very stressful uncertainty has seemed to have settled Sure, not everything is peaches and cream over filet of unicorn in a rainbow chutney, but at least I do not feel like I am waiting for the proverbial 8,000 pound other shoe to drop on my head since I am standing too close to a non-transparent border wall.
- My love’s birthday is today Which is not going to be as fun for her as it could have been if there was not this impending loss, but there will still be muted celebrations and I am still grateful she was born. Also, I got to see the look on her face when she opened her gift, so that was very nice. There will be birthday treats too.
- Weed It’s legal here on the state level, and has been a major help in dealing with all of the garbage and trauma popping up this month. Plus, it has helped me keep my appetite up since I tend to not be able to eat under periods of extreme stress. Finally, laughter is supposedly the best medicine, and getting a little high certainly isn’t bad for my ability to laugh. Like, I am so glad I was little high when I read that shit about Trump saying the border wall should be transparent to avoid falling drug injuries. (This is why there is a 25th amendment.)
- Sex I like sex. It’s fucking great, especially when the fucking is great.
- Love The Beatles (they were very obscure, you probably never heard of them), said that all you need is love. Well, I would argue all you need is love, food, water, shelter, sex, and weed…but tomato tomato. (That doesn’t work in print.)
- Location, location, location I love my new neighborhood. It is much less hood and much more neighborly, without all the pesky neighbors wanting to actually talk to you.
- Health Despite my recent hospitalization, I am not currently in the hospital and feel relatively okay.
- My Path It is nice being able to turn to something that makes sense to me when I need a little bit more than what I see in the “reality” most people perceive every day. It is also nice not having to go to some church every week and get on my knees or beg to some god for forgiveness for that which hurts nobody. It is great not having to go to someone’s door or anywhere else and tell people they must follow my path or face burning for eternity. It is awesome not caring what others believe as long as they aren’t attempting to force me to live according to theirs. it’s great not being told to hate people for their sexuality, gender identity, race, or really anything else they do that doesn’t hurt another. Plus, the whole sex magick thing doesn’t hurt.
- The resistance No, it isn’t perfect. No, it has not been particularly effective with this lawless cabal in charge of our government. But it is there. People are still resisting. Hope is not completely lost. People with brains still exist. People with compassion still exist. Thanks to the resistance, we can even find out who those people are and tailor who want in our lives accordingly. At the very least, you get to find out when our President says something completely insane about the likelihood of drug bag injuries from traditional border wall technology.
- Awareness I know my flaws, I know what makes me good. I see both. I am comfortable with who I am, and have remembered that not everyone needs to like me and I do not need to like them in order to feel okay about myself. This year I have lost four “friends” who were anything but as time went by. I have seen things I considered years ago come to pass and know I was right all along to not regret some of the decisions I made that seemed foolish at the time. I know who I want in my life, and in which parts I give them access, or who I do not want to have any place in my life at all. I am Skynet. I have the codes. You can’t fucking pull the plug on me. Today is Judgement Day, motherfuckers. You’ve been Terminated. Hasta la taco, Tuesday.
Well, my dear reader(s), I hope you enjoyed our time together today. Until next time, ta-ta.