Hello dear reader(s)!
Here in the good ol’ US of A, it is Independence Day. On this day, we decided to leave the UK which was maybe a good idea given Brexit and the Tories, but we fucked it up by electing Trump. I guess dying by losing healthcare is better than being burned alive in a fucking tower, though.
Anyway, I’m not really celebrating ‘Merca today. What’s to celebrate? We are being fucking assholes.
So, I’m finally feeling like I can start being back at this shit again a little more regularly. I am sorry for the false starts, reduced schedules which I couldn’t keep to, etc, etc…
A lot of shit has happened recently, that left me in no position to be able to post. They include, but are not limited to…
- 2 recent moves 1 long distance, 1 across town that was sudden and unexpected.
- Falling deeply in love When you start trying to spend all your time with someone, it doesn’t leave much time for blog-type-thinging. I am still deeply in love, only now I can blog-type-thing while still spending time with my beloved.
- A multi-day hospitalization Severe sepsis is what they called it, although I think it was only a mild bacteremia.
- Outpatient infusions Having to get IV antibiotics through a PICC line for days after my hospital release due to the bacteremia/sepsis.
- Dealing with an SSDI review That likely will not take my most recent hospitalization into account. Good times.
- Worrying about the vast majority of my town being on fire Okay, that is more recent, but still… Meanwhile, in the area of a fire yesterday that has burned over 13,500 acres, dumbfucks are still lighting off illegal fireworks. ‘Merca.
- Enjoying delicious scones Well, they are good, and do take time away. Right now I am enjoying a delicious vanilla scone with a lime glaze, courtesy of my love.
- Freaking out about the lack of “humanity” among humans especially those idiots who think that being patriotic is waving a piece of cloth made in another country for profit as the very ideals that piece of cloth are supposed to represent are no longer important to them
Anyway, despite my definite decision not to celebrate this day of nationalism and false superiority, I will be barbecuing later today. Not with anyone but those close to me, and not for Independence Day but just because it is going to be hot, everyone else will be barbecuing which will lead to barbecue aroma envy, and I like to barbecue.
We will be making uncured nitrate and nitrite free dogs, with potato salad. I am rather excited by this development and might live-stream the whole event on my FUCKLIVESTREAMING account if I feel there is enough interest.
So, long story slightly less long and candy coated for your enjoyment, I am back, bitches! (I understand “bitches” may be offensive to some, but that is okay, because you can call me a bitch and I won’t care, and if a certain someone were to in the correct context, I might actually enjoy it, or I might not, but that is none of your business, is it?)
I look forward to reestablishing myself as a regular post-type-thinger and reader, and you should too, because I said so and you have not fought a revolution against me to get out from under my rule.
Happy Day, everyone!