Hello dear reader(s)!
Greetings from the recovery room. Okay, so I am technically out of the recovery room, but since I am still recovering, and am in a room, any room in which I am in while recovering is being dubbed the recovery room under Special Executive Order: Whatever, Article: I do What I Want.
As you may or may not be aware, government agents, under the fascist’s order, decided my resistance was too great a threat to their fourth Reich, and decided to poison my appendix, causing me to miss precious organizational and resistance time while focusing on my survival. (Hey, if they can make can shit up, so can I.) Anyway, whatever alternative fact about how my appendix decided to attack you choose to believe, the results are indisputable. I got appendicitis and had to have surgery. It knocked me down for a few days. The surgery is hard enough for a healthy person, but for me, I believe I only survived thanks to the kindness of other beautiful revolutionaries. Despite my wounded and pained condition, I know I am needed in this battle and feel there is no choice but to return to the front lines in support of my fellow freedom blog-type-thingers.
So despite the danger to my health and well-being, it is time to continue with this resistance by sharing with you some ways your can resist Trump and his team of fact-denying, racist, fascists. As he targets Muslim majority countries with immigration restrictions, restarts unpopular and dangerous fossil fuel projects, announces the publication of targeted racist propaganda in the form of a weekly list of crimes committed by immigrants that has not been seen since the Nazis published The Criminal Jew (translated), as he targets his opponents for retribution and issues orders preventing the government from issuing statements of fact, it is important to begin earnest resistance efforts as soon as possible.
Here are some ways to get started resisting this fascist and those who would support him.
- Support independent journalism Don’t just share good articles on your Facebook. Subscribe. Donate. Then share. Make certain that people are aware there is a true and free press out there still with the stones to stand up for the truth in this administration that feels the right to “disagree with the facts”.
- Protest Do this in any way you feel you can. The goal is to make it impossible for him to forget how hated he is. Everywhere he goes, no matter how much time goes by, he should be shown the same disrespect one would show any other Nazi scum. Because that is what he is.
- Get personally involved Join the ACLU. Meet with like-minded people in your area to discuss practical ways of local resistance.
- Donate to organizations that will also fight Trump Many organizations that provide vital services are going to be under attack (or already are) in this administration. Be certain to fight for the organizations that will fight for you.
- Contact your Congressperson (I had written Congressman here, but it turns out there are actually people who call themselves women in Congress in the party of Trump.) I understand this one is the least likely to do any good. That said, they need to know that public opinion is not on their side. It has to become clear to them eventually that people are finally paying attention, and eventually, there is going to be more at stake for those who would surrender democracy than their chances of re-election.
- Divest from those who took over the government The fossil fuel industry would trade all of our lives for a few more dollars in their bank accounts. They installed this madman on the promise that he will restore an industry that is dying due to its dangers and the fact it is largely becoming obsolete. Help them down this road of obsolescence. Drive less. Use less electricity. Take away the profits they thought they would see spike when their chosen one assumed power and denied the harsh facts of their dying industry. Quit buying American. You are only perpetuating a myth that got Trump elected. There will be no massive return of good manufacturing jobs in this nation, nor should there be. By allowing our gas-guzzling, inefficient products to quit selling, the rust belt may realize that Trump can not save them sooner rather than later. The economy needs to do poorly in all sectors to truly convince people that their votes for fascism was a mistake. Our industry that needs to buy governments and deny facts of the crisis they cause in order to cut regulations that cut into their precious profits do not deserve to compete in this world anyway. Additionally, everything we buy creates revenue for this evil, tyrannical government. We need people to see the revenue lost under Trump, and so making that natural loss more dramatic, and more visible early, we can hopefully press the need for change from even those from within who have been reluctant to act or speak.
- Form neighborhood rights watch groups Train to defend your neighbors from those who would attack them for their skin color, religious preference, sexual orientation, disability, or any other excuse Trump and his violent sociopath followers can use to hurt people. Be certain to train your group that Trump may eventually deputize your local police. Fascists may not wear swastikas, sometimes they’ll wear your city’s seal on their badges and the US flag on their shoulder. If they fight for the fascists, they must be considered to be the fascists. Make certain that is not lost on the people in your watch group.
- Work on your personal life Because you are going to have to have something to remind you why all of this matters. And something to help you regain your strength after a hard fight. Find someone to love and to love you to help insulate from those who fill the world with hate.
Good luck my dear revolutionary(s)!
If Trump nukes us all when he thinks someone said his crowd size was too small before I can post again, I wish you all a happier existence in a happier realm on your next go-around.