Day 1

Hello dear reader(s)!

I am on my phone, so please to excuse the many typos that shall be  forthcoming.  Not that there aren’t a shit-ton when I’m not on my phone anyway, but that is neither here nor there.

I am in Reno today, and had a pretty good first day yesterday.   I got into town about 2pm, when you account for baggage claim and all that, so  surprisingly, my flight was on time.  I got to the airport very early after my last horrible airport experience going to Kansas City, but security literally only took about 15 minutes this time, which meant I was bored out of my fucking mind for hours.  But then I read part of a book and all was well.

My flight was smooth, until just as we were beginning to descend, when it got turbulent as fuck with the drops that make you go weightless.  I didn’t puke, and we landed safe, so that’s a plus.  The flight landed on time despite boarding late and taking off late since Alaska pads their flight times so much to artificially increase their on-time arrival percentage.

When I got into town I was picked up by my friend Christy, and we had lunch at O’skis, which is a Polish/Irish pub (seriously) and is also the sight of the photo booth in which I proposed to Hannah.  Their food is yum, and despite the fact that it goes against my weather/beverage edict, I got a Guinness.  Then Christy dropped me off at my hotel/casino (I do not utilize the casino.)

After that, I picked up my dad’s truck and met his awesome but hyper puppy.  Then I drove back to the hotel and tried to see if any of my friends were up for hanging out on a Thursday night.  I was not optimistic.

But my friend from way back in middle school was down for hanging out so we made plans to have a couple drinks at Paddy and Irene’s (an Irish bar (no food, no Polish) nearby where I am staying) a couple hours later.  That gave me enough time for dinner.

So I got In n’ Out and you didn’t.  Ha ha ha ha ha.  Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah!

Then I went to have drinks, caught up, gossiped, and went back to the hotel to sleep.   Not entirely exciting, but nice anyway.

So far today I’ve gotten a pumpkin spice latte and a scone.  I have a lot of work to do, which I will start after I go to lunch with my dad.  Honest.

Here are some kinda lame pictures.

This is the security door I sat near and accidentally set off the alarm of when reaching near it for a wall outlet.
O’skis and the photo booth.
View from my room.
Double Double, the best fast food burger of all time.

Author: Josh Wrenn

Cancer survivor, wanna-be artist, musician, author, and all around good guy.

20 thoughts on “Day 1”

  1. So, that’s the “Reno” I’ve heard so much about (meaning I read your last post & that’s about it)? It looks very tan. & beige. Maybe that’s why it seems so “blah.”

    Also, as my friend’s resident Grammar Drill Sergeant, I’m happy to report that I did not see any typos in your post. Congratulations! *throws a ticker-tape parade…. then leaves you to clean it up by yourself*

    Liked by 2 people

      1. I have one specifically for cleaning up my physical messes. I’m thinking about taking on another one (I’m incredibly messy). For cleaning up my emotional/dramatic messes, I have a couple dozen. 😉

        Liked by 1 person

Comments appreciated

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s