Hello dear reader(s)!
I am on another round of unfollowing, both on Facebook and WordPress. Facebook because of the stupid political memes everywhere from people I didn’t really want as friends anyway but accepted because they knew Hannah, and here because well…they suck.
Now, when I say they suck, I do not mean their writing. Or their grammar. Or anything else that someone usually thinks determines a bad writer. No, for me, when someone sucks enough to unfollow, it is their behavior.
Would you like to know what I am talking about? Then keep reading. If not, nobody is forcing you, so don’t get all whiny about it and cry to your mommy over a cup of warm milk squeezed directly from her bosom. Nobody is forcing you to do anything here. You can go read about sunshine and rainbows and go your own way (go your own way). You can call it another lonely day. (Another lonely day.)
So without further adieu, even though I will not hasten to bid you adieu but I will remember the Red River Valley and the girl who loved me so true…I present to you, my dear reader(s), for you education, entertainment, and enlightenment, for a limited time only, the things that people do on WordPress that piss me off!
- Links in comments Guess what? I try to read your posts. You try to read mine. I appreciate it. But unless it is related to the topic on the post of which you are commenting? Do not add your stupid fucking link to your dumb motherfucking comment on my page. I was probably going to read your post anyway, or catch one of the next ones. Especially when my post mentions an apology for not posting regularly, it means that I have this thing called a life and might not be able to hit everyone’s posts all the time. Sorry for not being so completely loyal to you based on your recent follow and one comment with the link included.
- Mass posting I followed this guy forever. Pretty good stuff for a while, until suddenly he started posting just little news stories from a service that shall not be named but is actually NPR all of the time, every time, clogging up my feed so bad that I couldn’t read anyone else’s posts without scrolling for like a half hour to wade through all the NPR blurb bullshit.
- Pushing your religion I’ve mentioned my beliefs, but at no time would I push anyone to it. Why is it too much to ask for the same courtesy? If I wanted to listen to people who don’t understand their book talking to everyone like it is the only book ever written, I would join a Harry Potter fan page.
- Racism, Sexism, Fascism, and Nationalism. Seriously. Why are you following me, and then reposting pro-Trump lies or blatant racist or sexist propaganda? Fuck Trump and anyone who supports that racist, scumbag piece of shit. We’re not friends. If you think telling it like it is means disparaging an entire people, or supporting white male supremacy, then you are not going to like it here anyway. And I don’t like you. Promise.
- People who do nothing but rant all the time. Because seriously, does everything piss you off, Josh?!?!?!
- People who do nothing but promote their book once it is written. I am all for book promotion. I am. Promote the shit out of your book. Especially if there is shit in your book, you should get that shit promoted out. But, I did not follow your blog for a commercial. So, if you could just go ahead and keep posting other things…that’d be great. Thanks. Besides, the cooler I think you are by not whoring your book all the time, the better the chance I will want your book. I just got a book for free today (I would’ve paid for it.) that I can’t wait to read, but I wouldn’t have even taken it for free if she was the type of person to turn her blog into one big advertisement.
- People who, rather than republishing their older blogs for more views or to reach a different audience, instead decide to just re-write the title and include a link. No. You do not get my click. You are not going to get another click out of me for your revenue boosting exercises. I am on to the next blog in the reader because I am not about to wait the valuable seconds for your page to load again. Those fuckers add up.
- People with no like button. I don’t like to comment unless you are my blogger friend or I actually have something to say. Don’t you want to know that I like what you posted, though? Also, I am not going to fill out a fucking form to comment with all of my stuff that you can find out with the regular WordPress dashboard options anyway, thank you very much and thanks for coming out.
Don’t forget to tip your waitstaff and remember that the 10:00 show is totally different from the 8:00 show because of boobies.