Hello dear reader(s)!
So I am not done with Orlando. That said, it isn’t the only thing going on ever. I will continue to bring it up from time to time so we do not forget about it the way we have with so many other acts of terrorizing hate and violence. I will post on my Facebook about it every day until there is meaningful change or progress toward ending this crap. That said, I think I need to talk about other things from time to time. Nobody wants to read the same thoughts over and over. It’s not like listening to your favorite song or singer.
Unfortunately for you, the next thing I want to talk about isn’t all that swell either. I am sure you all have heard about Brock Turner, the POS rapist who was given six months of which he will only serve three in COUNTY JAIL for three felonies because the judge was also a white Stanford alumni and thought jail would be too harmful for this poor, pitiful, helpless piece of fucking shit rapist.
He raped a woman. He grabbed a woman who passed out and drug her behind a dumpster and was caught raping her as she was fucking unconscious. There is no possible mistake here. There is no maybe and coercion involved (not that those are any better, just an often held up excuse). This was as cut and dry of a rape as you can get. Bam. Rape. He is a fucking rapist. He was CONVICTED. His guilt is not in question. Guys go to prison for twenty years for having drugs for personal use and this piece of shit rapist gets three out of six months in county.
He is not the victim. Despite what his piece of crap daddy told this piece of crap judge, his welfare should not have been the concern of anyone, including pieces of crap.
Never again do I want to hear someone ask why someone didn’t come forward with rape accusations right after it happened. This is why. This is why they don’t come forward you ignorant fucking assholes. This. You think this is the first gross miscarriage of justice in a rape case? If so, can I have whatever you are on? Because that seems like a nice vacation from the bullshit of this reality.
So here’s what I think, people who are as outraged by this as I am. (You all should be.) I think we should carry a dildo with us at all times. Stay with me here. We can carry it in a backpack or something. But we have the dildo with us. Especially if we’re going to parties. We take the dildo. Then, whenever some douche passes out, we give him twenty minutes of action with it. We then beg for mercy from the court because it just isn’t fair to ruin a life for twenty minutes of action. Never mind that a good portion of the victim’s life was ruined during that same twenty minutes. Maybe that will have an effect.
No. Of course not.
So okay Josh, what do we do?
Well, I’m glad I pretended you asked.
To my female reader(s), I appreciate you, but this one is on us. Y’all don’t really rape us. If you’d like to continue reading until the end, I would love your stories in the comments and for you to take back twenty minutes of action, but this next part is for the guys.
So guys, here we go, here are just some ideas how you can and SHOULD help the women in our lives to feel safer around us. It makes all our lives better.
- Don’t rape. Don’t rape women, children, men, animals, car exhaust pipes in public, judges…well…most judges. No, don’t rape that judge either…I guess. How do you know if you’re raping?
- Learn consent. Only relatively sober adults can consent. There is pre-consent sometimes, but once consent is withdrawn, it does not stand. Pre-consent can also apply only to specific situations sometimes so do not think it is green light unless specifically made so. Understand that can be withdrawn at any time. Maybe this video will help with the basics. Don’t even play with anything more advanced until you at least know these.
- If you see someone raping, stop them. Kick the shit out of them too, if you want. I don’t like violence, but come on, he was “asking for it”.
- If someone is bothering a woman, call them on it. And here it is, the part that even reasonable guys still tend to miss. If a girl is having drinks at a bar, and some guy is in her face, and she is pulling away, stop him. If he is blocking her path. If you hear her say “no” or “stop” to any action he is performing at all no matter how innocuous it may seem to you at the time and he continues to persist. I don’t care if it is making her tea.
- Call someone on doing the things you know women don’t like even if you don’t hear them say “no” or “stop”. Like cat-calling. Does anyone really believe that works? It is just rude, and it intimidates women. Or when they are outnumbered. Or the guy is bigger than her. They may not say something, but they’ll show it.
- Remember nobody asks for it. Unless they literally do.
- Listen to women. It is easy to think things won’t bother someone if those things wouldn’t bother you. You can fix this by listening.
Do you want to take back your twenty minutes of action? Tell your stories so the men who do read this will know exactly what you face. Maybe then we can all take real action.