Hello dear reader(s)!
Have you thought about starting a blog, but have wondered whether or not blogging is right for you? Do you read crappy blog-type-things like mine and think, “If he can do that, I know I could do 1000 times better!” Is your coffee, heroin, crack, or nicotine addiction just not enough for you? Do you have absolutely no life?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then you may be ready to entire the exciting world of Blogging! But is Blogging really all it is cracked up to be?
That and so much more! Still unconvinced? Here are 10 Reasons you (yes you) should start a blog!
- You are so narcissistic, that you think people will be interested in the mundane details of your pathetic little life. That walk you took this morning? So interesting. Definitely something that you should tell complete strangers about. I mean, you actually saw a dog! A dog! Hollywood couldn’t come up with more entertaining stuff! I mean, who sees a dog when taking a walk? You’re a genius!
- You have a unique idea that the world will benefit from. No, you don’t. Your perspective may be somewhat unique, but your idea isn’t that unique and you will not make a difference. You are not a special snowflake.
- You are an amazing author. Are you? Really? Which publishing houses have snatched up your work? Oh, you want to self-publish for artistic freedom? That’s cool, how many copies have you sold? Oh, you just aren’t a good marketer and the market is flooded? Well, maybe, but I doubt it. Knowing the difference between your (possessive) and you’re (you are) does not a good author make. Or a Yoda.
- You have dreams of blogging for a living. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Let me know how that works out for you.
- You want to use it as a stepping stone to a different career in writing. Well, this one could be valid. Highly unlikely, but possible. Perhaps your post will be seen by someone who could take you to the next level, perhaps you can take the best ones and put together a portfolio of your work to present to someone. Perhaps you can even use it to practice your writing so you can become a good author. (Though amazing is likely a stretch, either you are, or you aren’t.) So this is plausible, and Adam and Jamie likely agree.
- You want to use it as a social media experience. Who can blame you for this one? Facebook sucks. Your Facebook friends are morons and have devolved since you last knew them. There are maybe one or two people you even bother having your account active for, and even then, you might consider deleting if Facebook didn’t have the only copies of some pictures you uploaded, At least other bloggers sometimes use their brains,
- You get very bored. Ding ding ding ding ding! Okay Rod, tell them what they’ve won!
- Unlike comments sections and Twitter, you can control the conversation on your blog. This is a perfect reason to take up blogging. Don’t like when people call you a libtard c_nt? You can trash their comment and block their IP before it ever even hits your page. Don’t like people using the n word, the b work, the l word, the f word, the a word, the d word, the z word (fuck I hate when people use zebra!), then you can just put that puppy (not literally) in the trash.
- You want to convert people to your system of beliefs. Um, well, I suppose you can try, but I think you’ll just end up in a circle-jerk among people who already share your beliefs.
- And finally, the only real reason you should start a blog, because you HAVE to write and it is an outlet.
So what do you think, are you ready to take the next step and start a blog of your own? Well, chances are, if you are reading this, you are doing so from WordPress as my traffic from elsewhere is pretty low, so you probably already have. So I guess this whole thing was a little pointless, huh? Too bad, it is my blog-type-thing and there is nothing you can do about it, you…you…you zebra!